Robotic Cargo Hold Cleaning
Providing a sustainable future in shipping
Achieve significantly improved profitability and environmental impact by applying CLIIN robot technology.
Cargo Hold Robot
FASTER CLEANING – FASTER TURNAROUND OF VESSELS
Cleaning with the Cargo Hold Robot (CHR) replaces a conventional four-step cleaning process involving tons of chemicals and water with a one-step pure freshwater cleaning process. This cuts time spent on cargo hold cleaning by 50%.
BETTER CLEANING – SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVED PROBABILITY OF APPROVAL
The CHR gives direct access to difficult areas in the cargo hold like topside and behind frames.
ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY – SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCES CHEMICAL USAGE
The CHR cleans most cargos, including pet coke, only by using high-pressure fresh water.
LESS CLEANING WATER – LESS SLUDGE
CHR cleaning optimises cargo intake by only generating 40 – 70mt of cleaning water compared to 200mt+ with conventional cleaning. In addition, disposal of sludge is less costly as it does not contain chemicals.
EASY TO CONTROL – SAFETY OF CREW
Makes it possible for 1-3 members of staff to control the entire cleaning process without chemical suits and cleaning apparatus.
Cargo Hold Cleaning made easy
By deploying the CLIIN robot in a cargo hold cleaning configuration, bulk shipping companies will be able to replace a normal four-step cleaning process involving tons of chemicals and water with a one-step pure freshwater cleaning process.
The CHR is permanently installed on board the vessel and is semi automatically operated by the vessels crew as and when required.
Apart from limiting the environmental impact, the CLIIN robot cleaning process is faster, less labor intensive and provides a significantly more effective cleaning, thus providing shipping companies a value proposition of more laden days, higher cargo intake and lower cost. Depending on operational pattern, shipping companies can expect a return on investment in less than a year.
Equipped with high-pressure cleaning tools and magnetic tracks for climbing all parts of the cargo hold, the CHR ensures an efficient and thorough cleaning.
CHR Cleaning Solution
- Reduces ballast days by shortening cleaning time in cargo holds
- Reduces chemical usage with 80-100% as well as water usage when cleaning cargo holds
- Reduces the number of staff members involved in cleaning operations to 1-3 per robot
- Eliminates the need for external cleaning crews for any kind of cargos
- Eliminates the need for other cleaning equipment onboard
- Leads to significant savings and has a payback time of less than a year depending on the operational pattern
- Improves working environment by reducing the amount of dangerous manual labour needed
- Allows for more cargo to be carried by reducing the need for carrying cleaning water in the ballast tank